Fullerton, Ca - In a tweet over the weekend, the Fullerton PD is reminding residents going to Super Bowl events this weekend to be safe on the road and get a safe ride home after the game.
In an exclusive interview with new blog for education, Anaheim Education Bulletin, Paulette discusses her campaign for O.C. Board of Education and much more.
7 Brain Hacks That Boost Productivity
Productivity is important because it relates to income and time. The more productive you are, the more money you can earn in many situations. You can also save time. That time can be spent on anything you like, including making more money.
There are many obstacles to productivity, such as a lack of focus, a lack of intention, a lack of stamina, and too many distractions, to name a few.
Hack your brain and increase your productivity with these strategies:
1. Set an intention. Most people can’t focus because they’re not truly clear on what they want to focus on or for how long. Give yourself a fighting chance by choosing a specific task for a specific amount of time.
● For example, you might decide you’re going to work on your tax return for 30 minutes. Set a timer and do your best for those 30 minutes.
● Your brain will do its best to give you what you want if you give it clear instructions.
2. Meditate. Meditation helps to build focus and calm your mind. Meditation is incredibly popular right now, so there is plenty of free information on how to meditate effectively. Educate yourself and get started. It’s simple and effective.
3. Take regular breaks. Experiment with break frequency and duration. The best option for most people is either 25 minutes of work and a five-minute break, or 50 minutes of work and a 10-minute break. Discover what works best for you and then stick with it. Timers can be powerful tools.
Wealth Isn't for the Wealthy - Wealth is for the Smart!
Do you believe that being predisposed with the ability to become wealthy is the only way to earn good money? Fortunately, the reality is that wealth belongs to those who are smart in the ways they go about claiming and creating it.
Being able to make money even without having that background from the onset is definitely attainable, as long as you put some thought and creativity into your wealth making opportunities. Making solid financial decisions and choosing sound investment options are simply the best ways to become wealthy once and for all.
Here are three simple, yet effective, tips you can apply to your life that can help to create the wealth you deserve:
1. Break down your big goal. "I want to be rich!" Just about everybody you can think of has said this at one point or another in his or her lives. Being wealthy is something that most of us dream about - however very few are able to achieve - because we look at it as a large, insurmountable goal. Remember:
• Looking at your desired achievement as an overwhelmingly huge goal makes it very difficult to obtain. In fact, it almost always amounts to a mere dream if we overlook setting smaller, attainable goals towards that major goal. And that's one of the keys for becoming wealthy.
• Break your financial goal into smaller, more achievable ones that you can set reasonable timeframes on. You'll be surprised to see how you progress towards your huge goal once you set smaller ones that are much easier to achieve.
2. Avoid using credit if you can't pay by cash. One of the simplest and most effective tips for building wealth is to avoid credit. And what that means essentially is avoiding credit if you see no way to repay it in the short term. Remember:
• If it isn't possible for you to have the cash to settle your credit card expenses each month, then avoid making purchases with the card.
• By choosing to purchase only what you can afford to purchase with cash, you can undoubtedly start to create wealth for yourself.
3. Live within your means. Sure, there will be things you see that you want to do, acquire, or simply accomplish. However:
• If it's not financially easy for you to do something or acquire something, then perhaps you should leave it alone for the time being.
• It's very likely that something you aren't able to do this month or this year will be more than possible in the near future.
• You should only focus on doing things and acquiring things that you are financially able to without feeling stressed in the pockets. The more often you practice that approach, the closer you'll be to having financial freedom.
Creating wealth requires very little money and quite a bit of financial "smarts." The more reasoning, thought, and common sense you put into your financial decisions, the sooner you'll find yourself becoming wealthy. Count yourself amongst the masters of wealth by applying some creative thinking.
Achieve your financial goals by taking it in stride and believe that you are predisposed to the same wealth as anyone else!
3 Ways to Make the Most of a Bad Day
Bad days happen. Sometimes, bad days are our own fault. Other times it feels like the whole world is on a mission to make us miserable. A bad day doesn’t have to be a lost day. A bad day doesn’t have to stay a bad day.
There are plenty of things you can do to save the day.
Instead of lying down and surrendering, you can fight back with a smile. Show that bad day who’s the boss.
Use these tips to make the most of a bad day:
8 Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
There’s disagreement about whether humans are designed to eat meat or not. After all, we lack the claws, teeth, speed, and physical prowess to catch any wild animals that most people would consider worth eating.
Regardless, there’s a lot of evidence to support that most of us would be healthier if we reduced, or even eliminated, meat from our diets.
Consider these benefits of limiting your meat consumption:
1. Cost. Meat can be one of the most expensive foods. Reducing or eliminating your meat consumption can do wonders for your budget. Notice how much you spend on meat the next time you go shopping. Extrapolate that information and calculate how much you spend during a year.
2. It’s better for the environment. Meat consumption is hard on the environment. 41% of the land in the United States is used for grazing livestock or growing crops for animal feed. Those fires in Brazil are to clear land for cattle. Raising animals for meat is a very inefficient way of producing food.
3. A lower risk of cardiovascular disease. Those that eat a plant-based diet are less likely to suffer from heart attacks and strokes. You could potentially be healthier and live longer by eating more plant foods and less meat.
4. Lower body weight. Meat is a calorie-dense food. Reducing the amount of meat in your diet can lower your body weight. This is great for your appearance and your health. Obesity is associated with numerous health issues.
5. You’ll eat fewer hormones. Most of the meat available in the store contains hormones that were fed to the animal. These allow the animal to grow faster, which makes it cheaper to raise. Some of these hormones can be unhealthy. Your body would prefer to manage its own hormones without outside interference.
9 Strategies for Happy, Blended Families
If you live in a blended household, you almost certainly recognize the dedication and stamina needed for a happy home. Although many families struggle through years of challenging communication, you can use specific strategies to help yours relate and function more peacefully.
You may already have learned some techniques that suit your family's needs. To supplement these, review these 9 strategies to help your blended family be healthy, happy and strong.
4. Affirm that you won't criticize the children or each other. Such interactions tend to wear away at the primary relationship and discourage open communication between partners, not to mention arousing negative feelings in the children.
5. Establish healthy relationships first. Before blending the families, recognize the importance of allowing the children the time and space to develop comfortable, healthy relationships.